A lucky diner was accidentally served a £4,500 bottle of red wine at a restaurant.
Hawksmoor Manchester said on Twitter it hoped the customer had enjoyed their evening after being given the pricey 2001 bottle of Chateau le Pin Pomerol.
It advised the staff member who made the error to keep their “chin up”, quipping “one-off mistakes happen”.
The diner ordered a £260 Bordeaux but received the bottle “of the same vintage” which was 17 times the price.
It was only afterwards that the restaurant’s manager realised the mistake, a spokesman said.
Skip Twitter post by @HawksmoorMCR
To the customer who accidentally got given a bottle of Chateau le Pin Pomerol 2001, which is £4500 on our menu, last night – hope you enjoyed your evening! To the member of staff who accidentally gave it away, chin up! One-off mistakes happen and we love you anyway 😉
4:15 PM – May 16, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,764 people are talking about this
End of Twitter post by @HawksmoorMCR
Hawksmoor’s message sparked a flurry of amused responses on Twitter, including “we need to go to Manchester” and “bet they wouldn’t be able to tell the difference”.
Others praised restaurant bosses for not “flying off the handle” at the staff member involved. Read more